PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Chichen Itza

For our anniversary we went to Mexico. Cancun to be exact. I can't really say it was a chillaxin' vacay because we were up at like 5:45 every single day, but it was a lot of FUN. We went on so many excursions..

Which brings me to our trip to Chichen Itza! 

A little history lesson (which is my favorite subject,  I'm kind of a nerd)- Chichen Itza was built by the Maya civilization in the Yucatan Peninsula. The site houses several different structures from the observatory (which is similar to ours today), Temple of the Warriors, and probably the most popular, Kukulkan Pyramid. The Maya people were great astronomers and all of their buildings, even down to the stairs and windows, were lined exactly to different points in the sky! Oh! Did I mention that Kukulkan is now one of the 7 Wonders of the World? 

I don't want to bore you guys with all the details, but it's incredible! Just read a little about it and you'll be hooked. Especially during the equinox, and how the pyramid is aligned! 






 

All the pictures above are of the Kukulkan Pryamid


































Temple of the Warrios






Sweating profusely 
 
Observatory 

Observatory

































Sun god


















I have TONS of pictures from just this trip! I didn't add most of the structures, but if you're interested I can do another post of more! Just let me know! 

xo,
Summer-Raye

16 comments:

  1. wow sound like great fun, yes more pics please ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower! :) great photos, this is such a beautiful place. I might've even seen a little film that was done here, or somewhere similar. awesome honeymoon!



    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Would love to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these photos!!
    you look so pretty! and I love that top!


    http://lovefayexoxo.blogspot.com/

    LoveFaye xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great trip! I'd love to go to Mexico one day. Love the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great trip!


    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey doll!
    i am back!!

    i still gotta make your header
    i am so behind on everything
    but as soon as i get some free time
    ill do that for you




    love the pictures!
    cant wait to see more.
    I love going to Mexico
    the landscapes are amazing!



    xoxo
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures, I learned about Chichen Itza at college...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! The architecture of ancient civilizations always amaze me. They had so little then and they're so much prettier than what we have today. Great post! Very informative.
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for your sweet comment !!!Of course we can follow each others, I start, wait for you to follow back!
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous photos! I have always wanted to visit here, it has such an amazing history!

    -Laura xx
    http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow! I so want to go there one day!!!

    x
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  13. great photos! i don't get to travel much...so i love to travel thru other bloggers :)

    looks like good times!
    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your trip looks awesome!! I love places like this and seeing the things you read about in books, very cool!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. so cool you went to chichen itza! i went in junior high but that was quite a long time ago. would love to go again!!!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I just stumbled across your blog!

    I want to go to Chichen Itza so bad! Actually, I want to go to Mexico, period. One day. Love all your pictures. You can never have, or post, too many pictures!

    -bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete