I don't have the friendliest neighbors. My next door neighbors on the left are an older british couple who I've seen maybe three times in 14 months. On the right side there is a mid-thirties couple who are nice, but they seem to be gone a lot. I complain all the time about it. I'm from the south. I was raised and believe when someone moves in you should bake something and introduce yourself. ANNGH! That did NOT happen. Last Christmas I made a big Yummy gift and went door to door. That was the only time most of them communicated with me. So I've made it my mission to be all up in there bizzznass. I'm preparing Thanksgiving treats to take over next wednesday and I'll also do something for Christmas. This was my first try and I'm so excited to make these for them- they can't not love them! Right?
1) If you've got Grannie's recipe, use it, if not go to the grocery store and buy pie crust. ;)
2) Find something circle in shape that has a diameter of 3.5- 4" and cut the dough.
3) Remove the extra dough carefully
4) Place the dough circle
6) Add pie filling, I used apple, Fill to the brim of the crust- sticking out the top
7) Decorate the top of the pie how ever you'd like. I cut a heart out, lattice weave, and braided the crust. The possibilities are endless, let your personality shine!
8) Put your pies into the oven for 22-28 minutes or until golden brown.
9) Take out and allow to cool.
10) Plate and Enjoy!
*If you didn't notice- the heart pie is missing... I added vanilla ice-cream. ;) YUMMY*
I can't wait to bring some pizzazz to this place.
Have you ever had neighbor problems? How'd you fix it?
What should I add to the T&T bag Wednesday?